Speed Up Your WordPress Website for Better SEO
Why Worry About Speed?
- Make your visitors happy and keep their attention. The longer your site takes to load, the more likely a visitor will leave without converting.
- 40% of people abandon a site that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site is making $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost you $2.5 million in lost sales every year.
- Reference: KissMetrics post on loading time.
- Google rankings. Site speed is a ranking factor.
- “You may have heard that here at Google we’re obsessed with speed, in our products and on the web. As part of that effort, today we’re including a new signal in our search ranking algorithms: site speed.”
- Reference: Google Webmaster Central Blog.
- Keep your... Read More